What is Shared Value Enterprise®?
Shared Value Enterprise works on the principle of encouraging organizations to aspire to become the change agents by adopting shared value related business models or activities. This is an endorsement for the companies to recognize their positive contribution to the society and environment. The whole idea of this is to identify, assess and recognize those enterprises that are creating a measurable social and/or environmental impact using a for-profit business model.
Shared Value Enterprise will amplify the market recognition and trust of the enterprise among the customers, suppliers, employees and other key stakeholders.
The assessment criterion involves multi-step rigorous, detailed and objective process for getting insights into the shared value business model of the enterprise.
Shared Value Enterprise Benefits
- Getting certified as Shared Value Enterprise leads to positive publicity and increase in brand value
- Enables enhancing the trust and recognition among the stakeholders thereby contributing to the business growth and performance over a period of time.
- Opportunity to gain insights into the strengths and improvement areas of the shared value business model
- Option to become a member of Shared Value Initiative India at discounted pricing thereby gaining access to global shared value network and thinkers during global events and conferences of Shared Value Platform
- Opportunity to be a part of the Shared Value Enterprise® List which would be announced at the Annual Shared Value Summit in India
Shared Value Enterprise studies the enterprise using two broad lenses. The first lens involves looking at the management strategy and overall performance of the enterpriseThe second lens involves looking the shared value orientation across the three key principles as defined above – products/markets, value chain and local cluster orientation.
A comprehensive shared value assessment questionnaire has been designed to undertake a detailed understanding of the shared value orientation of the enterprise. This assessment framework is categorized into four main dimensions – Reconceiving products and markets, Redefining productivity in the value chain, Enabling local cluster development, and Management strategy & performance. Each of these dimensions is further categorized into a group of components. Each component is evaluated on the basis of a set of related questions.
SVII invites online application from enterprises in India to trigger the growth of Shared Value Enterprises in India
- Discuss and Agree on the scope of assessment
- Schedule and Cost of the project
- Get the narrative on shared value initiatives
- Finalize the launch date of SVE questionnaire and slots for discussion with the top management team
- Launch the questionnaire
- Complete the discussions with the top management team
- Data analysis, findings and declare shared value enterprise status
- Timelines: Within 10 weeks of online form submission